Summer Entertainment and Learning.

Currently, there are so many opportunities for on-line learning!  Many teachers have loaded up their materials over the pandemic (it's a matter of finding the right place for yourself).  Sal Khan, of course, has whole courses loaded up for your entertainment -- courses that will move you from topic to topic and offer you sample problems so you can verify your understanding.  Some students have become quite proficient in on-line learning and have found they can move more swiftly and learn material in greater depth through the available on-line resources.  Some students find learning on-line a challenge and staying focused and learning well is still an emerging skill.  Looking ahead, this skill could be an important one to learn as more and more on-line resources become available. 

At the end of this school year (Tuesday, May 25), canvas will be taken down for this course.  Students can re-use the ScreenCastOMatic videos by copying and keeping the links from within the course, but not the EdPuzzles.  I've also made these links un-searchable and private.  If students want to re-watch the ScreenCastOMatic videos, they would simply need to copy and save the links.  I don't know how long ScreenCastOMatic will keep these files on their site.  

I have several videos appropriate for those who have completed this spring trimester of Geo/Algebra with me; this final post includes links to on-line videos from within ScreenCastOMatic that I've made.  None are more than 15 minutes long; most are less than 10 minutes long.  

Piecewise functions: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crn1q8R80b 

Composition and Decomposition of functions: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crn204SxyZ (8:13)

The Difference Quotient: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crn23HSxOV (9:39)

Domain: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crnlFiSOYl (2:46)

More on circles, intercepts, triplets: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crnVFzRtKF (7:02)

Economic Application: Demand and Revenue https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crVT3t9MtB (14:50)

Ratios of Volumes of Similar Figures: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYlObA8sXK (11:16)

Law of Sines: Ambiguous Case Examples: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYfXYgaGKT (15:00)

As many of you know, this is my Swan Song; I am retiring from teaching at the end of this school year.  These years with teenagers has been the Time of My Life.  My greatest joy has been maintaining contact with people over the years; I hope you stay in touch. 

As always, Be Kind. Look out for each other. Go out into the world and do Good Things. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Responsibility. 11/29/2020

Spring Break, 2021. It's been a year.

Parent Night Information